Personal Statement

What is a personal statement 

A personal statement is a written description of your achievements and interests. Personal statements are mainly used for universities. It is to make you stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons. The focus of it is to tell the reader your unique qualities. This will help make the university choose you over the other candidates.

Personal Statement Examples

Here is an example of a personal statement. The girl who wrote this has met most of the requirements that you need in a personal statement. She has made a 500 word summary of herself about things from hobbies to education. The idea of a personal statement is to make it unique and make the university/ college want to accept you instead of others who are applying and she has done her best to try and make this happen.  



Professional and Best 500 Word Personal Statement Samples Online

This is another example of a personal statement. This one is different as it shows his struggles as a child with learning difficulties. The majority of this personal statement is explaining the struggles which shows his perseverance and commitment towards his work after his prescription which lead him to become a totally new person. At the end of the statement he goes on to say how his struggles have inspired him. This is something that will make him stand out as it is unique and will be what the reader is looking for. The use of emotive language stands out the most as it is very effective and will get whoever is reading the personal statement hooked and interested.

My Personal Statement 





This is my personal statement. I have talked about my experiences at college such as what I have done during the course and why I've chose the course that I'm currently studying. I have talked about my strengths and the skills I have developed during this course. Then I explained why I'd be interested in the university course that I have applied for. I then explained my past work experience and how that would help with the course which I have applied for. Finally I explained what I will need to do in order to achieve my target grade and complete the course I am currently studying. The research into existing products has helped me a lot with my final draft as my personal statement. I now realised what was expected of a personal statement and how to write one. I had to make the statement sound as if I was very interested in taking part in the course and I feel like I have done this. I have also added my past information such as school and work experience to show my career.

Improved Personal Statement 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

CV

Mock interview