Showreel

 What is a Showreel 

A showreel is a short video which showcases and advertises a persons work. They are usually 2 to 3 minutes long. It is used to promote your digital profile and shows your progress and highlight your skills.


Examples of a showreel 

Showreels from Scratch | DANIEL JOHNSON | Examples 2019 - YouTube

This is an example of a showreel. The creator has showcased his work by creating a short 2 minute clip which showcased his directing skills. He set out everyone as if it was a scene from a movie or a TV show. The company which he is applying for will definitely look at this and it will be used in his favour. He has also put a link to his website at the bottom to prove that the work is his.

Filmmaker/Editor Showreel 2020 | Niklas Christl - YouTube

Here is another example of a showreel. The man who made this video has made the same approach to his showreel as my idea. He has used short high quality clips of her work. The clip is about 1 minute and a half long. This is probably the right duration for a good showreel. 

Showreel Production 

In order to create my showreel I had to download some videos of what I had published onto YouTube. 




I used premier pro to create the showreel. I had to choose a suitable soundtrack that would fit the showreel. I used Ben sound in order to get a soundtrack to fit the showreel. I placed it onto Premier Pro and and cropped some of the sound so it would be the length of what a showreel would be. I also added my business logo as it will be the first thing seen on the showreel. 


I then added the videos which I downloaded from YouTube and placed them in a suitable place and cropped them so they are a suitable duration. 



I also placed another image of my business logo at the end of my Showreel in order to showcase everything I have created and the work I have done throughout my time at college.


Showreel  


Feedback


The feedback I have received shows that my showreel could be better. This is due to the fact I used similar clips. To improve I could change the clips and add another one so it shows more variety of my projects.

Improved Showreel 

https://youtu.be/1eyL_xzDpQQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

CV

Mock interview